Friday, January 29

LinkedIn!

I was urged to join LinkedIn by a few friends. They said it's the place for serious job seekers and networkers to be. Well, I thought to myself, I had better head over there because that is what I am!

Basically LinkedIn is the professional world's version of Facebook. It's pretty fabulous. You aren't being bombarded by dumb quizzes about which Twilight character you are like and Farmville applications (no offense to anyone..I know how addicting these things can be) nor do you have to see pictures of little hoe cookies half naked and drunk on your news feed. You know, those girls you were never friends with in high school and still have NO idea why they have added you as a Facebook friends. I have to admit it doesn't quite have the fun factor like Facebook has but it's a really good place for people serious about networking. You can link up with your old professors, friends, family and then you can see who they know. It's quite a shame that, so far, none of my contacts know people high up in places I want to work! Jeez, I mean, why can't somebody I know be the sister of the higher ups in Vogue or at Michael Kors! :)

Anyways, I can't boast of some huge success story with LinkedIn quite yet as I'm still new. However, get on over there and create a profile and add everybody you know! You never know the connections you might come across.

No comments:

Post a Comment